- This event has passed.
Oakwood Writing Club (for children aged 7 to 11)
June 1 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 2:00 pm on day First of the month, repeating until 6th July 2019
In our Saturday workshops we take children on journeys through their imaginations. Each session has a different theme for the children to explore and learn about. We introduce the children to different styles of literature during each session, including classic texts, poetry and contemporary children’s books. We have fun getting our children’s ideas down on paper and developing our stories and poems. Our aims:
- Improve your child’s literacy skills (oral and written)
- Boost your child’s self-esteem and confidence
- Share our passion for reading/encourage children to read
- Promote a love of writing
- For your child to have fun!