Dear SF Said,
We recently read Varjak Paw in our Book Club for school years 4 to 6 and they all really enjoyed it. It was a very popular choice and was received and read with much enthusiasm.
I promised to send you some of our Book Clubber’s questions and comments… so here goes….
- I thought Varjak Paw was a good book. Do you have children? If so, do you ever read your stories to them?
- I really like Varjak Paw. It was really exciting and fun. I especially loved ‘the way’. It was so cool how Varjak could do lots of amazing things. I will read your other books. Maybe Sally Bones gets territorial and they have battled but Varjak find out that there is another skill in the ‘they way of Jalal’ that has been buried in history.
- I thought the book was brilliant I thought that the action was amazing and the mystery bits added tension. I would rate it 9/10
- I would rate Varjak Paw by SF Said (3 stars out of 5) Because you didn’t know much about the mysterious lady. How did she die? Or the man? Why did he want to turn the cats into robots?
- I think Varjak Paw is very interesting when he went from a boring life as a pet into a wild cat. He was very clever at finding out that the gentlemen were dangerous. I think Holly is a very important because she told Varjak Paw that the vanishings were happening.
- I couldn’t put Varjak Paw down. I loved it!
Thank you for reading our comments and writing such a wonderful book.
The Story Room.